Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Trip Report Day 4

So today we went to to Animal Kingdom and all I have to say is man was it hot. We had all 11 of us there and we got there right at park opening to try and beat the heat but I think that Animal Kingdom is just the hottest park in Orlando. So the very first thing we did was run over to Expedition Everest since we hadn't ridden it yet. I will tell you, that has to be one of my favorite attractions in WDW just because of the Yeti. He was so large and his movement was so fluent, it was an awesome attraction. From there we went over to hit the Kilimanjaro Safari. On our way over to the Safari, walking through Asia towards Africa, we say Miss Devine. She was very elegant and just very interesting. I was just happy that I wanted to see her and I knew that she didn't have a set schedule of when she comes out. So then we went over to the safari  was awesome as usual. One thing though, no Giraffes! What's up with that! When we got off the safari we walked the Pangani Forest Trail. I love these walks and all the places to walk in Animal Kingdom but it was getting very hot out. Everyone was starting to get over heated and hungry by this time so we decided to head back to our resorts and take a break.

After our afternoon break, we headed back over to Epcot to get to our 3:30 ADR at Le Cellier. This was our first meal here but I had heard such good things about it, we had to go. Our first look at the menu showed that the options were a lot more expensive than we are used to. We learned from our dining at Coral Reef that there is no problem asking any question about the menu or substituting anything on that menu. I had the Filet Mignon over roasted red potatoes with a garlic mushroom butter sauce. Needless to say we were all sure to take our time eating this meal. It was so good that we couldn't help but take our time. This is definitely the one meal that we didn't mind paying for at all. We will definitely be going back to Le Cellier every time we go back to WDW.

After dinner we wanted to see the new O Canada film and we were very pleased with the new film. From there we went back up front to catch Spaceship Earth with it's new refurbishments and we were very surprised with it. The AA's moved very fluently and everything just looked very fresh. From there we headed over to World Showcase and started over in Mexico. I wanted to get on the Grand Fiesta Tour because I am a big fan of the Three Caballeros and couldn't wait to ride this attraction after I heard that it was being refurbed. After that my mom and dad were getting tired, but my little brother wanted to go by China before they headed back to the resort. So we went over to china and then my parents and my little brother went on back to the cabin. Jenea and I decided to stick around and catch Illuminations again. We were walking over towards Germany and found two opens spots on a bench right on the water. There were speakers right behind us that were cranked up and we thought that it was just about the perfect spot to view Illuminations. Once again, great day in the World. Stay tuned for day 5, Peace.

4 comments:

DebWDW said...

Wow, your days have just been so amazing. I agree AK is hot, and aside from Bugs Life, there's not many air-conditioned spots to duck into to cool off. No giraffes? It's got to be an AATM curse.

Anonymous said...

I thought her name was Misty Vine. If you say it all together it sounds like Miss Devine. Thats the whole point. But she is a plant so it would only make sense...Thats my 2 cents. That spot that we had for Illuminations was awesome. Couldn't have gotten any better!

Heath said...

Dude, I'm jonesn' for Day 5!! Where's it at?

Jeff W said...

I second Basil.