Sunday, October 12, 2008

Time for Some Reviews

Hey there everyone. I have been planning this post every since I started my trip report because I wanted to review some things that have recently come out but I didn't want to interrupt the trip report. Anyway, I have two recent reviews and one that is a little bit older. So enjoy and let me know what you think.

First.
Sleeping Beauty just came out on October 7 and I immediately got to the store and got it. I had to just get the dvd because I have yet to get a blu-ray player and new tv. But never the less, the new platinum edition dvd is amazing. I will have to suggest and urge you to watch the backstageDisney section of the special features before you watch the movie. You will learn so much about the movie and it's history and how the movie was created. It's very cool to watch because you're learning about a movie you've always liked in a whole new way. And it gets you excited to watch the movie. Let me tell you, the movie is quite amazing. The restoration was done perfectly on this film with bright colors enhancing this wonderful piece of art. This is one of those Disney movies that is a piece of art the whole way through. I hadn't watched it in a really long time and seeing it again in this beautifully restored version just made me appreciate it totally different reasons than I had in the past. Pay attention the backgrounds, and the styling of the costumes, and the personality of every character. This is a must buy if you are a fan of Disney. Highly recommend it.

Second.
The Nightmare Before Christmas special edition dvd and Blu-Ray came out on August 26. This is one of my favorite movies so I was there the day it came out making sure I had a copy. I went straight home to watch. Again, I watched the special features first. Just gives you a little background on the movie and gives you a different experience when you are watching the movie. Speaking of the movie, I have to say that they did another great job with this one. With the past releases of this movie, I kind of ignored the fact that the colors were a bit muted because that was the way that the movie was designed and shot. The color in this new version gives a whole new look to this movie and in my opinion makes it a whole lot better. If you are a fan of this movie, you will want to get this and if maybe you just haven't seen it in a while, this version of Nightmare Before Christmas is definitely one you should check out.

Third.
Lou Mongello recently released his audio tour to Adventureland. I just wanted to say that if you do not have this or the Main Street U.S.A. audio tour, please, drop what ever you are doing, go to his website, and buy these albums. The adventure land tour is a whole lot of fun and really gets you into a sense that you are walking around the park since you started on Main Street and made your way to the end and are now heading through Adventureland. And next stop,Frontierland.

4 comments:

Lou Mongello - WDWRadio.com said...

Hey Jeff! Thanks SO much for the kind review of the Audio Guides! Really happy to hear that you have been enjoying them!

Thanks again!

Matt said...

^ That's a tough act to follow! Hey Lou!!!

I have yet to buy (or even see sadly) any of these, but I have every intention on getting them. Especially the Audio Guide ;-)!

Jeff W said...

Loved Lou's Main Street CD. I plan on bying Adventureland very soon.
Lou Rocks!

Jeff W said...

Once more I am the poster boy for proof reading. The correct word is buying. Doh!