Monday, January 11, 2010

The Princess and the Frog Review

Hey there everyone. I just saw Princess and the Frog yesterday finally and wanted to share my thoughts on it. In a word, AMAZING! This is a beautiful return to hand drawn animation. I must admit I was a little hesitant to go see this in the theater. Mainly because of wonderful Disney gems like "Home on the Range". I think I've seen about half of that movie, that's all I could put myself through. Anyways, Princess and the Frog had a wonderful story, pretty characteristic of Disney animation. Directed by Roger Clements and John Musker of small films like "The Little Mermaid" and "Aladdin". They did a great job on this film. Very nice cast of characters in this movie too. Not to mention the stellar job with the hand drawn animation. Great use of color throughout the movie. They used the color throughout the movie to set the tone of the scene and really to convey specific emotions. Very, very well done in my opinion. If there is anyone out there that is still on the fence about seeing this movie, I for one can very highly recommend it. If it didn't cost almost ten dollars to go to the movies, I would be there today seeing it again. I just hope that this is enough to show the world that there is still a place for this wonderful art form we have in Disney hand drawn animation. Kudos Disney.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Great review. I really want to see this one, but time just hasn't been on my side lately!

Indigo said...

ooh.. that is such great news! i was starting to wonder if they were ever going to bring out a truly brilliant Disney movie again,like all the originals... now i HAVE to see it..
i love it when the animation's good.. few people actually realize what a great art animation is. anyways... great to see you love Disney..in my opinion they're some of the best movies ever made. definitely gonna go see this one when it comes out!