Thursday, December 15, 2011

Face The Camera

Face The Camera by DisHippy
Face The Camera, a photo by DisHippy on Flickr.

This has to be my personal most favorite water drop shot yet! I was doing some more research for things I could use at home to make these drops a bit more interesting. I found that adding sugar to both the base and drop water in conjunction with keeping the water cold really helped in good results. Thickening the water was a big help and made collisions a bit easier to time out. This was my first shot of a facing collision, three separate color layers, and my lighting and focus with just about where I want it. I know I must sound like a broken record, but I'm having an absolute blast shooting this stuff. No matter who tries this or how many times it's been done, it's organic enough that every shot you get is something that no one else has ever captured. That's why I think I love shooting these little drops so much. :) Please let me know what you all think as any suggestions are welcomed and appreciated. Enjoy!

No comments: