Thursday, June 20, 2013

POTD - Little Brilliant Bloom

One of our small Echinopsis cactus bloomed a couple of nights ago. I've posted a shot before of a bloom we got off of one of the bigger ones, this little guy is about half the size of that one. These cactus put out the most beautiful flowers I've ever seen, and it's exciting that they bloom over one night, usually around 1 to 3 am then are done blooming by about 8 or 9 am. We have several of these cacti with buds for potential flowers, but our biggest one has got 3 big buds on it right now. It's incredibly possible that they will all three bloom together! I'm bringing home some light modifiers for my flashes tonight to have at the ready. It will be beautiful and of course it will be photographed. :) Please excuse the ugly half dead aloe in the background, I didn't pay attention to what was behind it. Enjoy!

No comments: