Friday, June 20, 2008

Trip Report Day 2

Today was a bit of a late start because of our late night the night before. Today was time for Epcot. We had a 12:20 lunch ADR at the Coral Reef for my younger brother's high school graduation. We wanted to ride the monorail over so we took the boat over to the Contemporary and caught the monorail over to the TTC and switched monorails to get to Epcot. 
When we got to there, we went over and grabbed some fast passes for Soarin'. We decided to go and check in about a half hour early for our ADR just in case. We were seated within ten minutes of checking in. I must say, the setting of the Coral Reef is reason enough to go there for a meal. It a bit of a costly meal, but everyone was satisfied and we just had a great time at lunch.  

So after lunch we figured since we were already there we should go ahead and do the Seas with Nemo and Friends and Turtle Talk with Crush. Our first time on either one since that pavilion was all refurbed. Both top notch attractions that I would recommend to anyone. Next we headed over to Soarin' to use our fast passes. This has to be one of my favorite attractions in future world. While in the Land pavilion, we hit up Living with the Land which is just one of those attractions that we always ride every time we are there. Then went across innoventions over to Test Track. This is another favorite for my brother Josh and I. Then we went back to the resort for an afternoon break.

We drove our car over to the Boardwalk resort for an evening taking in the sights around there. We ate at the Spoodles pizza pick up window on the Boardwalk and I would have to say that is the best pizza I've had in the park I think. From there we went over to Epcot to meet my aunt and her gang for Illuminations. This is my favorite of all the night time shows and I got my girlfriend Jenea hooked on it after she saw it this time. What a great show and a great day. Remember, we kind of took it a little slow because of the blistering heat and lack of rain or clouds. But I still think we did alright. Day 3 is coming up soon. Peace.

4 comments:

Chris said...

Have never tried the Coral Reef restaurant myself, sounds like it's worth a go?

Keep the trip report comin'! :-)

DebWDW said...

Soarin' is my second favorite attraction, after Philharmagic!

Rae! said...

Great report!!!!

Matt said...

I've been to the Coral Reef once, granted I was 4 at the time so I don't remember much. My parents weren't very impressed so we have never been back. I'll have to try it for myself someday.