Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Time for a Trip Report (Day 1)

Hey there everyone!  I'm back! I have to say that my entire family and myself had a great time. I will preface this trip report with the fact that it was unusually hot this trip. We have gone down at this time of year many times before and I think that the big difference was that we didn't have hardly any rain the whole time we were down there. Which means that there were no clouds, at all, ever. That means we had all sun all the time. This limited our stamina in the parks greatly but we still did a good amount and had a great time. So, on with the show! First, I'm going to say that monday was day zero since we weren't in the park and it was just a long boring day of driving. Now for Day 1 at disney world. We got in around 2:30pm and got checked in and unpacked at our cabin at Fort Wilderness. It wasn't long after that before we were in that boat on the way to the Magic Kingdom. We took our time getting down main street to take everything in. First thing's first, DOLE WHIP!  We were on our way to pirates, but then we saw aloha isle and decided that if we were any kind of disney world fans, we had to stop for a dole whip. 

After our dole whips, we met up with my aunt lynn and uncle mike with their 3 daughters plus one friend in front of pirates. I knew this was going down for refurbishment on friday so I insisted that we ride it right away. The new additions from the pirates films were great as I had heard they were. Next we all (all 11 of us) went over to Big Thunder Mountain. After that we walked through Frontierland and into Liberty Square to take in the Haunted Mansion and I must say that the additions in that attraction was awesome. After that we said good bye to my aunt and uncle and their gang since they had been there since opening and were out of steam and went over to Philharmagic. I would have to call this one of the best 3D/4D attractions that disney has. From there we stayed in fantasyland hitting some of our favorites, Peter Pan's Flight and It's A Small World. 

Next we decided to give Columbia Harbor House a try for dinner. I'm not too big on the standard counter service selections but I had the fish here and it was quiet good. Not the best I've had, but not bad at all. After dinner we headed over to Tomorrowland to get in some of our favorites there before Spectromagic. We hit Stitch's Great Escape (yeah, yeah, i know, so sue me for enjoying it, lol) and space mountain (one of our favorites). After this we decided we needing to get a seat for Spectromagic. It was raining a bit so we went into some of the shop along main street to kill some time and get down to the other end of main street in a dry way. We staked out a spot right across from the fire house right where the parade starts that way we could get out before a lot of other people. 

My parents and little brother went back to the resort after the parade and Jenea and I stuck around to ride some more attractions. We got on the tea cups because there was no wait right as Wishes was starting. So after we got off that we walked through fantasyland as the fireworks were going off around us which was pretty cool. From there we went back to ride Big Thunder Mountain again in the dark which is a totally different experience and I think I like it better at night. From there we decided to go hit the Jungle Cruise since I heard that was even better at night. And whoever I heard it from was right, it was a much different ride but I found myself enjoying it more in the dark. On our way out we went across the hub and through tomorrowland so we could get on Space Mountain one more time before we headed back. Then we went out to the boat dock, caught our boat over to Fort Wilderness, got back to the cabin and went to bed. How's that? I thought it a great first day in disney and there is more trip report coming here in the near future. Peace

6 comments:

DebWDW said...

What a wonderful day! I too love Thunder at night, and I did Jungle Cruise at night for the first time last week, too, and had an really funny, fun guide, Humberto.
Can't wait to hear the rest of your reports!

Matt said...

Welcome back! Glad you had fun.

Rae! said...

I love thunder mountain at night. I will have to try the cruise at night.
Sounds like a great first day. Hey I like stitch too.

Heath said...

Sounds like a sweet day 1!! Can't wait to here more.

Jeff W said...

Dole Whips Woo Hoo!!!

Great trip report. I look forward to more.

We did Stitch during Mousefest and after hearing so many folks dis it I was not expecting to enjoy it. But I did. I found it much better than alien encounter. I never really understood the reason behind the existance of alien. The darkness in Stitch still managed to fighten the small ones. Which in a way is too bad. But I am not going to fault a child. Darkness can be scary. And parents are warned before hand.

Between your report and Deb's I am getting more and more jealous each day.

Chris said...

Great start to the trip report! Looking forward to the rest