Friday, November 12, 2010

Dancing Cattails


Dancing Cattails
Originally uploaded by DisHippy

You know I couldn't go any further without getting some close ups of the red cattails. The great thing about these pieces is that they are all a bit different. Enjoy!

Lens: 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6
Exposure: f/11
Shutter Speed: 1/125
ISO: 100
Auto Bracket: +2 0 –2

About the series
This series of shots were taken on 10-22-2010 at Cheekwood Botanical Garden. Dale Chihuly, world renowned glass artist, was having a garden exhibition where he installs pieces into the gardens to enhance the appeal of both the gardens and his work. This is the fifth Chihuly exhibition that I've gone to and the fourth that I've been able to shoot. I really enjoy the mixture of the glass and the gardens, and it makes for great photo opportunities.

"I love to juxtapose the manmade and the natural to sort of make people wonder, is it manmade or did it come from nature? That's a very important part of my work."
Dale Chihuly

No comments: