Saturday, January 1, 2011

The Awakening


The Awakening
Originally uploaded by DisHippy

The Awakening was unveiled on October 10, 2009 and added to the permanent outdoor art collection of Chesterfield Arts. This monumental sculpture, measuring 70 feet in length and 17 feet at its tallest point was first cast by sculptor Seward Johnson in 1980 for a sculpture exhibition in Washington, D.C. This second casting is a permanent addition to the Chesterfield landscape.
~sourced from chesterfieldarts.org

This is literally right across the street from where I work and I never knew it was there until a couple of days ago. It's a really great piece of art and definitely dominates the area it's in. I really wish those flags weren't there in the background, but oh well I suppose. Won't be the last time I shoot this amazing sculpture. Enjoy!

No comments: