Thursday, February 16, 2012

How Much We Learn In A Year

How Much We Learn In A Year by DisHippy
How Much We Learn In A Year, a photo by DisHippy on Flickr.

I've held off posting this shot as I'm not 100% satisfied with it. I didn't get both words totally in focus and it's bugged me ever since I got home from this trip to review my photos.

It was our last night and we were working our way around the Crescent Lake resort area, and as we got around so I could get a shot of these popular benches, it started to rain. So I set up as quickly as possible, a little too quick it turns out, and snapped this shot. Not 15 seconds after I snapped this frame, the sky unleashed some fury. I guess it's what we get for having such good weather for the rest of that trip.

Now that it's been close to a year since that trip, I realized things I would want to do differently in focusing and composition. It's amazing how far we can come and how much we can grow in a year. Of course most of that is due to the incredible talent here on Flickr. I count myself very lucky to have so many talented friends from so many different areas.

Please let me know what you think of this one. Any suggestions on improving it for next time are welcomed and appreciated.

Enjoy!

No comments: