Thursday, January 31, 2013

POTD - New Toys!

New Toys! by DisHippy
New Toys!, a photo by DisHippy on Flickr.

Over the holiday season at the camera shop I work at, Olympus was running a contest through the month of December. If any one person sold a certain number of their PEN and OM-D cameras, they would win an Olympus E-PL5. Guess what! It arrived a couple of days ago for me. This is going to start me down a road to an OM-D that will eventually make it's way to second body to a D600. I snagged the Olympus 45mm f/1.8 and Samyang 7.5mm fisheye lenses out of our used case for a steal, with the Olympus 17mm f/1.8 on the horizon next. This is a perfect little system for short days, or even long hikes. The quality coming out of mid to high end mirrorless cameras is outstanding, and I for one can't wait to see where it heads. I'm of course not ditching all my Nikon gear for this, but for the moment, I will be doing a fair amount of my shooting with them I think. The prime lenses are among the sharpest lenses I've ever shot with! I've got some 45mm f/1.8 samples I'll be posting shortly. Happy shooting!

No comments: