Monday, May 20, 2013

POTD - Glowing St. Louis Skyline

This past Saturday night, my friend Scott and I went downtown to do some night shooting. I've been waiting a long time to get downtown to night shoot, but could never find anyone willing to make the trek. That night we spent 6 hours between the east side of the river, the Arch grounds, and downtown St. Louis. This particular shot was from atop Eads Bridge that connects Illinois and Missouri. You can walk all the way across but this spot was just over the rivers edge on the Illinois side. We had a great night of shooting and I can already see my night shooting skills and processing begin to improve. I've heard it from many people here on Flickr and I will pass it on to anyone who doesn't know. Bulb mode in Manual mode is the way shoot night landscapes for sure. This is an HDR bracket of 25 - 5 - 55 seconds, which was one of the shorter sets of the night. I had a ton of fun and we will definitely be heading back down for more night shooting, so much more ground to cover. Please let me know what you all think, as I've said I'm on an ongoing quest to improve my night shooting skills in both shooting and processing, so any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Enjoy!

No comments: