Friday, August 16, 2013

POTD - Campfire, Friends, And Perseid

The first night of our camping trip was this past Monday. You know what that means, Perseid Meteor Shower! As we were getting down there in the dark though, we ran into some pretty thick fog. Since it's a lot of valleys and hills out there, the fog sat, and sat, and sat. We finally got two really good chunks of clear skies. I was shooting the Milky Way and lucked out to capture a meteor in this one. At first I didn't like the fire light in there because it was a distraction. Now, I kind of like, it shows the moment in time a bit better and really shows off what we all had the joy of sitting underneath out there that night. Please let me know what you all think as any suggestions are welcomed and appreciated. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Matt said...

This is an awesome photo! What did you use to take them? My camera at this point couldn't do it, but I'm hoping to get a better camera soon.