Monday, March 26, 2012

One Year Later - 2011 Disney Trip Report - Day 4

Today was a photography kind of day for us. Jenea and I decided that we would head to Magic Kingdom for the beginning of the morning to shoot some photos in Magic Kingdom, with a focus on Main Street. Then we were going to meet up with my cousin Andy at Epcot after.

When we got to the Magic Kingdom, we went to the Bakery to get something to eat, which was a good thing as it started pouring down rain as we sat down. We finished eating and the rain had slowed down a bit, so we made our way toward Adventureland.

Standing At Attention Tiki Profile Tall Tiki Thursday

Wouldn't you know that the second we bought ponchos to have for the day, it stops raining. I can't say it's all bad as I was standing right by the Leaky Tikis getting out my camera.

Balloons on Main Street (Explored) Welcome to the Main Street Cinema Watches Sweet Treats Plaza Restaurant Gifts

We made our way back towards Main Street, after all, that's what we came to shoot. It was quite nice to walk up and down the street and see the clearing of the sky in my shots. After about an hour of shooting on Main Street, we headed over to Epcot to meet Andy. The best part about that is we got to ride the monorail out there. I love the circle tour of Epcot Center, so it's something I look forward to every trip.

Pulling Into The Station

We find out when we get in the gate that Andy is in Germany eating lunch. So make our way toward World Showcase, stopping by Mexico for a Margarita, and then on to Germany. From there, we really just put the cameras away for a while and just enjoyed the ambiance of World Showcase. Sometimes I think putting the camera down is an important thing in a trip. Very rarely do we just get to take in everything the park has to offer because we are worried about not missing that monorail go by, or waiting for those people to get out of the way.

Anyway, we made our way eventually back into Future World. Soarin' with a 25 minute wait isn't bad at all, so of course we hopped in the standby line. About an hour later, we were litterally four people from the turnstiles in the blue hall, when we are evacuated. "What's going on?" we all thought. We were taking out to the side of the building and let back in the park between Imagination and the Land. We smelled smoke and later found out that there was a fire in the kitchen at Sunshine Seasons. While we waited to get back in, we went to the Seas to ride with Nemo.

The Seas With Nemo and Friends (Explored) Welcome to Sea Base Alpha (Explored)

I've always been a huge fan of the pavilion. I was a little upset when I heard it was changing to Nemo, but when I saw it for the first time and in subsequent trips, it's really grown on me. It's helping engage the younger generation who grew up with those characters to learn a little bit while they are having fun and I think that's great.

Mosaic Signing Signs Of The Seasons

Leaving there back to the Land, we went up to the Fastpass cast member and didn't even get to explain the whole situation before we were ushered through the Fastpass enterance and on the ride within five minutes. Thank you Disney customer service.

Colorful Festival (Explored)

We had to then get back to the international gateway, taking some quick photos along the way, where we would board a Friendship boat to Hollywood Studios. We had a first time dinner ADR at 50's Prime Time cafe. All I can say about this restaurant is if you haven't tried it, you really should. On top of the food being 100% comfort food and nice during the vacation, but the fun that we had with our "cousin" was what made the experience memorable. I highly suggest it, and the Peanut Butter and Jelly Milkshake.

An Evening In The Studios Crossroads Of Day And Night Legends Of Hollywood And...Action! (Explored)

After dinner, half of our groupd wanted to do some shopping, but I was in the mood for some shooting. Jenea and I went and took a few shots here and there around Hollywood Blvd. before meeting up with everyone before heading out of the park. We had a breakfast ADR in the morning and some resort touring to do, so we called it an early, and relaxing night.

Two Icons Chinese Theater

Be sure to check out the other parts of this trip report here:
One Year Later - 2011 Disney Trip Report - Day 1
One Year Later - 2011 Disney Trip Report - Day 2
One Year Later - 2011 Disney Trip Report - Day 3

2 comments:

Kristi said...

You have some great shots in the post. Funny thing about those darn ponchos. I used to hate the yellow ones for photography reasons. The clear or white ones I like better. The rain does do some cool effects to Disney photos tho just before it rains. So on our trips, I always hope for one day of rain and hope I can make it to the park ahead of it for some looming cloud photos.

I always like these types of posts....a glimpse into the way you spent your time at the parks :)

DisHippy said...

That building afternoon storm in the summer time would be prime time to get some really neat shots. I'd hate to be back in that Florida summer heat, but those shots would be awesome.

Thanks for the kind words on the blog, it's a great way for me to remember my trip as well as maybe having the chance to help some one else out with theirs. :)