Thursday, May 17, 2012

POTD - Looking At You Looking Back

Looking At You Looking Back by DisHippy
Looking At You Looking Back, a photo by DisHippy on Flickr.

A couple of weekends ago, after 32 years at his job, my dad retired. Of course in my family that means, party! I was able to rent a Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8 from my work to shoot the party, and how beautiful the photos were. I knew that I had to take this lens out the next day before I returned it to work.

The obvious choice and ultimately the one that won out was the St. Louis Zoo. After shooting with this lens I can definitely say that there is a huge difference in f/2.8 glass. This is probably my favorite shot from the day, I was shooting over another group of people and snapped about 6 shots of him. This was the clear winner as I think he heard my camera snapping and looked right at my lens. This photo is definitely gone onto my favorite shots from the zoo list for sure. Please let me know what you all think, as any suggestions would be welcomed and appreciated. Enjoy!

No comments: