Tuesday, May 8, 2012

POTD - Soft Violet

Soft Violet by DisHippy
Soft Violet, a photo by DisHippy on Flickr.
Hello all of my friends from the interwebs! I'm finally back and going to try my hardest to get back to more regular postings. When I do work at my new job, which I love by the way, I work open to close. So that's 10 to 8 every day and by time I get home, I'm wiped out. Regardless, I still really miss Flickr and my blog and want to try my hardest to get back to both. I've been learning a ton about cameras and photography the past couple weeks, so my brains been a bit overloaded. The photos on my camera just sat there, and sat there, and sat there.

Last night though, I finally took them off to process! This is one of the blooms from our African Violet that is getting ready to push probably about 15 to 20 flowers. This was the first one so I thought it deserved the spotlight. I used a combination of my D90, of course, my 50mm f/1.8 with a macro extension tube, my SB-700 flash, and a small softbox. I think the result is nice, I enjoy the bright exposure as well as the softness that the extension tube added. Please let me know what you all think as any suggestions are welcomed and appreciated. Enjoy!

No comments: