Friday, August 10, 2012

POTD - No Calm Before This Storm

No Calm Before This Storm by DisHippy
No Calm Before This Storm, a photo by DisHippy on Flickr.

A couple of nights ago, a friend of mine called me to let me know he wasn't coming by that night because there was a huge storm that just hit him. He lives about 20 minutes from me and advised me I had that much time before the storm was on top of me. So I'm looking outside during this conversation, seeing a lot of lightning and wind, and no rain yet. I quickly get my camera out, switch lenses, grab tripod, and out into the yard I went. This is one of my favorites out of the bunch I was able to capture. Winds blowing, thunder and lightning all around, and I'm in the middle of my backyard with a fisheye lens pointed straight up. Please let me know what you all think as any suggestions are welcomed and appreciated. Enjoy!

No comments: