Tuesday, February 19, 2013

POTD - Closed Minds Suffer

Closed Minds Suffer by DisHippy
Closed Minds Suffer, a photo by DisHippy on Flickr.

Yesterday morning I was watching the news to see what it held for me on my day off. Rain, with a chance it may hold off until the afternoon. That was good enough for me. Since I had this nice little indiscreet camera now, it was much easier for me to decide to head downtown and shoot the Graffiti Wall. This is an old Flood Wall that is about half a mile south of our beautiful Gateway Arch here in St. Louis. It is one of very few legal Graffiti Walls in the country. Stretching over a mile, these walls have been covered time and time again with beautiful street art. From 1999-2001 they had Paint St. Louis where artists from around the country would come and paint.

I chose this photo and this processing for two reasons. It was perfect for the fact that I was out shooting something new for a change, which made me more open minded. With this shot, I tried something I wouldn't normally do in post processing to an hdr. I think, given the subject and the location, it works well in this instance.

Please let me know what you all think as any suggestions are welcomed and appreciated. Enjoy!

No comments: