Tuesday, March 5, 2013

POTD - Eye Catching Guard

Eye Catching Guard by DisHippy
Eye Catching Guard, a photo by DisHippy on Flickr.

The other day I went to the St. Louis Zoo with snow on the ground, as some of you know from my last photo. When I approached the bird house, I noticed this guy guarding on of the side doors to the house. He didn't move from the front of the door accept to ruffle his feathers at a few lady Peacocks. I've never gotten a chance to shoot a peacock with his feathers up like this. I had to 45mm f/1.8 Olympus lens on my PEN so I was probably about ten feet from him. Since our zoo sees so many people and these Peacocks have free roam, he didn't really mind me too much. I just had slow steady movement and by the end when I got this shot it almost looked as though he was starting to try different poses for me, as he'd moved just a bit every time he'd hear the shutter click. Please let me know what you all think as any suggestions are welcomed and appreciated. Enjoy!

No comments: