Friday, January 10, 2014

POTD - Garden Glowing Climatron

This is a late post, but I had a very busy Holiday season at work so I didn't ever get a chance to dump these on to the computer until now. Over the month of December, at Missouri Botanical Garden (MOBOT), they held Garden Glow for the first time. I was very happy to hear to MOBOT was holding a light display in the park.

I found out upon getting there that tripods were not allowed. After taking a very annoyed trip back to the car, we got in and started shooting. What I at first thought was going to be a challenge ended up being a fun test for the new camera. With the new 5-axis image stabilization, I was able to hand hold shots up to almost 2 whole seconds! More consistently at 1 to 1.5 seconds, but holy cow! I love that fact that I can smile when I tell people I took this shot and all the others from this night with only my new E-M1 with 12-40mm f/2.8 attached.

Please let me know what you all think as any suggestions are welcomed and appreciated. Enjoy!

No comments: