Saturday, December 11, 2010

Sun on the Hill


Sun on the Hill
Originally uploaded by DisHippy

This is a bit of a wider angle on the sun sculpture. I wanted to include the mansion at the top of the hill as well. The vibrant colors in the pieces really contrast the landscape and background. Enjoy!

About the series
This series of shots were taken on 10-22-2010 at Cheekwood Botanical Garden. Dale Chihuly, world renowned glass artist, was having a garden exhibition where he installs pieces into the gardens to enhance the appeal of both the gardens and his work. This is the fifth Chihuly exhibition that I've gone to and the fourth that I've been able to shoot. I really enjoy the mixture of the glass and the gardens, and it makes for great photo opportunities.

"I love to juxtapose the manmade and the natural to sort of make people wonder, is it manmade or did it come from nature? That's a very important part of my work."
Dale Chihuly

No comments: