Thursday, October 17, 2013

POTD - Wide Open Service Announcement

This is more specifically targeted at those of us shooting with a micro four thirds system, though the concept holds true through all of photography really. The Olympus Micro Four Thirds system has a manual focus magnify assist to help you manual focus. Combine that, with the unrelenting sharpness of their primes, a good 3 stop neutral density filter, and you can really make some interesting things with it. This is the Bell Tree at Missouri Botanical Garden, a detail shot of the center. This has been my white whale so far with bokeh panos. I try one or two every time I'm there, but the bells sway in the wind. One day I'll get it so I'm not too worried.

Anyway, to everyone, switch those prime lenses into manual focus, you will be surprised how good your eye is. You see a composition and your eyes will focus to how you want to see it. Translate that to your camera with manual focus. It will take some work, but the results are beautiful. Please let me know what you all think as any suggestions are welcomed and appreciated. Enjoy!

No comments: