Monday, November 4, 2013

POTD - Flying By

Flying By by Jeff.Hamm.Photography
Flying By, a photo by Jeff.Hamm.Photography on Flickr.

My first shot from our 2013 Walt Disney World trip is finally posted. I always expect the vacation to fly by, but it seems that time since we've been back has really been an issue for me in getting photos edited.

In case you hadn't heard on Twitter or while down there enjoying Photomagic 2013 with us, my girlfriend (fiance now) and I got engaged the first day of our trip. I worked it out with several Flickr friends to be there to shoot the event, kept my secret very well and the moment we stepped into Epcot we were engaged. I love that I can say I proposed with Spaceship earth, a beautiful garden, AND a monorail in the background. :)

Anyway, more on that through the trip of course. Our first dining reservation that evening was at Flying Fish, a signature restaurant for a very special occasion. Jenea had even asked why we had such a nice reservation the very first night. I was glad to be able to play that one off. We were a relatively early time at 5:30 so the restaurant wasn't very full at all. The service and food was absolutely wonderful. Bright and vibrant colors and flavors, taking seemingly regular dishes and really making them something special. We were even treated to complimentary champagne with dessert to celebrate our engagement.

All in all, I'm fairly happy with this shot, even though it was a pretty quick setup as I had more important people for my attention to be fixed. This was the best start to a very memorable and fun trip for the both of us. Can't wait to share the rest!

Please let me know what you all think as any suggestions or comments will be welcomed and appreciated. Enjoy!

No comments: