Wednesday, November 6, 2013

POTD - Igbo Ijele

Igbo Ijele by Jeff.Hamm.Photography
Igbo Ijele, a photo by Jeff.Hamm.Photography on Flickr.

"The centerpiece of the art collection at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge is the Igbo Ijele (pronounced e-bo e-gelay) mask, featured in the lobby. The Ijele, created by the Igbo people of Africa, is a massive creation that towers more than 16 feet tall and is eight feet in width. In Africa, the mask signifies an important event or celebration and makes rare appearances. No other Ijele, which is the largest mask in tropical Africa, is known to exist outside of Igbo land."
- sourced from wdwnews.com


This is one of the first bokeh panoramas that I shot on the trip. My Olympus E-PL5 with 45mm f/1.8 is a great combo to shoot these and it did quite well on the trip though I didn't shoot as many as I wanted. Shots like this from the Olympus really gets me more excited to be an all Olympus shooter. I've ordered the E-M1 with 12-40mm to be my main street and travel camera before I get my full frame in the future.

I was actually really surprised after I processed it was that it went together so well. It was exactly what I wanted and as sharp as I really wanted.

Please let me know what you all think as any suggestions are welcomed and appreciated! Enjoy!

No comments: