Thursday, November 14, 2013

POTD - Line, Shape, And Detail

This is my first official posting from the Nikon D90. I rented a Nikon 35mm f/1.4 this past trip, which honestly spent most of the time on the camera. Though I was upset with the D90 not getting as much as I would've liked, this lens was a solid producer and I enjoyed shooting with it very much. For those of you who don't know, the D90 went to play on a farm with other older cameras so he can be happy. LoL. In the effort to upgrade my current gear and still in the quest to get a full frame camera, I've sold off the D90 and all of my DX glass and bought an Olympus E-M1 with the new Pro 12-40mm f/2.8. This I think will be a solid upgrade to what I've got, I already have lenses for it, and I would've had to get new Nikon lenses with full frame anyway. I will say though, and this shot is evidence, that D90 really can take good photo. It's funny as you grow as a photographer you can quite frankly out grow a camera. What I expect out of my gear and photos these days is much more than it was when I first opened the D90. Please let me know what you all think as any suggestions are welcomed and appreciated. Enjoy!

No comments: