Wednesday, April 11, 2012

POTD - Fishing In China

Fishing In China by DisHippy
Fishing In China, a photo by DisHippy on Flickr.

Yesterday, I was finally able to have a good weathered day off work so I could go shooting with my new Rokinon 8mm f/3.5 AE fisheye. I went to the Missouri Botanical Gardens (MOBOT). I already had several spots in mind for MOBOT that would be perfect in fisheye, so I ended up taking quite a few shots in the couple hours I was there. This is the gateway to the Chinese garden, I learned very early on just how wide this lens actually is. Later in the morning, I was fighting my shadow from being in my photos. It's also more critical with the fisheye lens to be straight on, level, and center with your composition. Unless your going for an extreme angle, which I'm do often, it's kind of tricky at getting things perfectly straight and level. This is literally my second official photo with this lens, it's a 9 shot hdr processed in photomatix with exposure fusion. Please let me know what you all think as suggestions are welcomed and appreciated. Enjoy!

1 comment:

kristi said...

The fisheye was great for this and I love the view!