Wednesday, April 18, 2012

One Year Later - 2011 Disney Trip Report - Day 8

First off, I will apologize for this update coming a bit later than anticipated. We found out that instead of moving into our new house in the middle of May, we are moving in this weekend. So instead of three weeks to pack, we've had three days. On top of that, my last day here at Sears is Thursday, and I start at Creve Coeur Camera on Monday. Needless to say, I've been pretty busy lately.

Now then, onto today's post. Sadly, this was our last morning on property. We didn't have park tickets today since we had to get on the road back home. Usually when we have days like this, and today was no different, we get our last little drops of Disney magic from Downtown Disney before we go home.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

I took advantage an early rise to get some more photos around the resort. We had such a great time at this resort, it was really a tough to leave this wonderful resort. I'd say with complete confidence that Port Orleans French Quarter is one of the quietest and most tranquil resorts on property.

We then got the cars packed up with all of our stuff, checked out of the resort, and then left the cars in the parking lot. We wanted to take the boat down the Sassagoula River to Downtown Disney. I'm definitely glad that we did, it's a very nice boat ride and you get to pass both the Treehouse Villas and the Saratoga Springs Resorts. It was a bit of cloudy day, which was fine with us since we were leaving that day and these were the most clouds we'd seen.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
 Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

My cousin Andy, Jenea, and myself ventured over to the West Side because I was really excited to finally get into D-Street and buy some vinylmations. Alas, we were too early getting there as most stores on the West Side don't open up until ten o'clock. We would've had to wait there for almost an hour, so instead we headed back to meet up with everyone else. We hit the usual stores in Downtown Disney proper to get those last minute souvenirs. World of Disney still remains to impress me in it's shear mass.

Photobucket

After our shopping and soaking up of the area was complete, we needed to get lunch before we headed back. Of course that meant we were going to Earl of Sandwich! This is a must stop at place for us every trip now, and I'm really excited that they are putting one in Downtown Disney in Disneyland so I can eat there too when I get out to California. Anyways, after another fantastic meal at the Earl, we headed to Goofy's Candy Company to spend the rest of our snack credits on driving fuel (sugar). We then boarded our boat back to French Quarter. We walked quite slowly through the resort before making our way to the cars, and saying goodbye to Disney as another trip had come to a close.

I think it's a lot harder for us to say goodbye since we aren't able to get back to the parks every year like I'd like. Maybe some day we will, but here lately it's been about once every three years or so. Of course this is not enough to curb my addiction.

In closing, this was an absolute blast of a trip. I was really happy that the whole family was able to go, I was happy to be back in the parks with Jenea, as I know she has way more fun there than I think she lets on. I am also really happy that we were able to make my cousin Andy's first trip a good one. We ate at a lot of new places with no complaints. The first trip to WDW with my DSLR was very successful, though I learned a lot on and since the trip that I can't wait to get back and try as soon as I can get back to the World. My shot list is growing and I need to keep it in check.

Be sure to check out the other parts of this trip report here:
One Year Later - 2011 Disney Trip Report - Day 1
One Year Later - 2011 Disney Trip Report - Day 2
One Year Later - 2011 Disney Trip Report - Day 3
One Year Later - 2011 Disney Trip Report - Day 4
One Year Later - 2011 Disney Trip Report - Day 5
One Year Later - 2011 Disney Trip Report - Day 6
One Year Later - 2011 Disney Trip Report - Day 7

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Good luck with the move this weekend!

I love POFQ too - so beautiful and peaceful and quiet.

Glad you had asuch as great trip, thanks for sharing it.