Thursday, March 20, 2014

POTD - Soft And Sharp

Soft And Sharp by Jeff.Hamm.Photography
Soft And Sharp, a photo by Jeff.Hamm.Photography on Flickr.

First off, I have to ask something. Most of you get this whole photography thing and appreciate things to a little higher degree than most people so this should be easy. I have this manager at work that says she doesn't get why people take photos of plants and flowers. She says it's because they're just plants. I told her to hold her breath and see how long she lasts without them. LoL. Anyway, point is, I am a huge fan of this type of work, and while I don't intend to change for anyone, I still feel I want to ask, do you all like the flower and plant life photos I put up? I only ask because if there's is more of something else you'd like to see let me know, so I can get my photostream more balanced.

Now that's done, let's get on to today's shot. I took Olympus' M. Zuiko 60mm f/2.8 macro out on my E-M1 yesterday to one of the final days of the orchid show at MOBOT. All I can say about that lens is wow! Easily the sharpest and easiest to work with macro lens that I've ever had the opportunity to shoot. I got to the gardens right when they opened, so it was right after they watered many of these beautiful blooms.

I will be sharing several from this series, so please let me know what you all think. Any suggestions or comments that you want to leave will always be welcomed and appreciated. Enjoy!

No comments: