Monday, May 30, 2011

An Electric Palm In Tomorrowland


An Electric Palm In Tomorrowland
Originally uploaded by DisHippy

Via Flickr:
So this shot comes with a bit of a fun story. After we took in the Main Street Electrical Parade, the Magic Memories and You show, and Wishes we decided to walk Tomorrowland to get a few night shots. As I set up this shot, my tripod fully extended as high as it could go, camera mounted on top at a bit of an odd angle since it was my UWA, I proceeded to take a set of bracketed shots. Now this is just one shot, because the HDR didn't come out like I wanted, but I originally shot three shots. As I was waiting the 30 plus seconds for the shots to snap, I notice someone over my shoulder. A cast member from Space Mountain had wondered over to see what was going on. "What are you taking a picture of?" she asked. I told her that I was shooting the top of the palm and she had a hard time believing me. When the last shot finished, I showed her what I had captured and she was quite impressed. She couldn't believe that I was able to get the whole palm from that close. :) It made me so happy about my decision to purchase the Sigma ultra wide angle lens. Please let me know what you all think of the processing here and as always, Enjoy!

No comments: