Sunday, May 22, 2011

Flower and Garden and France


Flower and Garden and France
Originally uploaded by DisHippy

One thing that has always amazed about plants and flowers is how diverse they are but how simple they remain in their basic design. Take these flowers in the foreground for instance. I spent a good deal of time taking these in, and found it neat that the flower buds hang down because they are heavier. When they bloom the reach for the sky and sun.

As I was enjoying these flowers, I saw a nice composition unfold before me. A pink flowering tree framing the France pavilion very nicely between itself and the red flowers I'd been enjoying. I was very glad to have walked down the International Gateway a bit, because I doubt these flowers would have caught my eye if I hadn't been walking right by them. I was shooting with my UWA Sigma lens and cranked it wide open to try for some nice depth of field. The light cutting through the tree at the top of the frame was intense, but overall I'm pretty happy with the result. What do you all think?

Enjoy!

No comments: